Merry Kiwi Christmas
Christmas might be looking a little different for you this year. You may not be having the people you wanted around your table or visiting the people you normally visit.
Which is why my gift guide is looking a little different this year too.
Here at Shore City, we want to celebrate a ‘home grown’ Christmas and ways to honour what we have on our back door step.
The Gift of Quality Time
It’s true what they say, friends are the family you choose so maybe you are entertaining a little more this summer and what better way to do it with statement serve wear. Duck have a beautiful selection of platters, serve wear and gourmet condiments - just add rosemary sprigs from your garden, friends and you have the perfect Christmas set up.
The Gift of Local Talent
Unable to visit abroad? Why not send a piece of New Zealand to the ones you love? Something I am more conscious of this year is to support local businesses and artists. I could easily get lost in Creative & Brave who offer an eclectic collection of Kiwi art, jewellery and NZ inspired gifts.
(Shhh don’t tell my parents, but I have bought them a piece from Metal Bird for their garden)
From greenstone jewellery, native bird inspired kites for the little and big kids, to Takapuna wall art, support local and celebrate what makes us special this Christmas.
1 & 2. Nick Von R Pounamu Necklace $240 and Earrings $175 from Creative and Brave
3. Medium Takapuna Map $220, Metal Bird in Ruru $87, and Pohutakawa Ecofelt Growbag $20.00 from Creative and Brave
4. Supergood by Chelsea Winter $39.99 from Whitcoulls
5. Cotton House Umbria Coastal Breeze House Diffuser and Hand Wash $49.99 and $24.95, Morgan Finch Panama Tropical Beach Picnic Blanket $44.95, and Lonsdale Salad Servers $29.95 from Bed, Bath N' Table
The Gift of Natural Beauty
Let’s keep it natural and earthy this Christmas. I’m loving all things straw, rattan and woven, not to mention earth inspired homeware this Christmas.
Crystal candles make a fun gift with a difference while woven and straw accessories are the perfect addition to your summer capsule wardrobe.
The Gift of Self Care
We underestimate its importance, but self care and pampering ourselves is as important as Kiwi Onion Dip with your chips - especially after the year we have all just had.
Get summer ready with a special fragrance, face mask or “man-scaping” products and a healthy summer glow.
6. Opal and Sage Crystal Candle in Citrine $65 from Duck Ltd
7. Woven Crossbody Bag in Biscuit $ 109 from Country Road
8. Earnest Empire Beard and Shaving Products starting from $30 and Lamberts Luscious Shave Cream $43 from Barkers
9. Tamara Loafer in Neutral $169.00 from Country Road
10 & 11. Little Honey Bronzing Kit $54.99 and Elie Saab Le Parfum Essential Gift Set $170.00 from Life Pharmacy
However you choose to spend Christmas, spend it well with the ones you love, breathe in the fresh air, soak up some sun and pat yourself on the back. We did it! Roll on 2021.