She knows everything about you, she calls you 10 times a day and always has the best advice (unsolicited or otherwise). She’s Mum, and with Mother’s Day
on 13th May fast approaching, we’ve put together 21 of our favourites, for every kind of budget and every kind of mum.
BREAKFAST IN BED
Always a treat for mum is a lie-in and breakfast in bed. Raise the game with a little extra something to add to the poached eggs and fruit toast.
1. Mum’s morning tea will be anything but a snooze with this cute Miss Metallic Teacup & Saucer from Bed Bath n Table for $24.95.
2. She’ll know she’s in for a treat when she smells the freshly ground coffee you’ve just made in the Bodum Bistro Electric Coffee Grinder from Stevens for $69.99.
3. A nice pair of slippers is a tried and true Mother’s Day gift. These slide slippers from Country Road for $54.90 elevate the humble slipper to a new stylish level.
4. If you’re making mum breakfast in bed, you’re going to need something to serve it on, right? She’ll take a shine to this Svenska Hem Wooden Tray from Kikki.k was $49.90 now on sale for $24.95.
5. No breakfast in bed is complete without a latte or flat white and with this Nespresso Essenza Mini Machine from Farmers she can have the perfect cup every morning, it was $299.99 now down to $239.99.
BUDGET (under $25)
They say it’s the thought that counts, so even if you don’t have a lot of readies to spend on mum, you can still get her something that will tell her that you’ve thought of her.
1. Take the time to write to your Mum how important she is to you in this Inspiration Greeting Card from Kikki.K. for $6.90.
2. Winter is coming and Mum will look forward to colder nights if she’s got this Silver Soft Touch Hot Water Bottle with Pom Pom from Bed Bath n Table to keep her toasty. It’s normally $24.95 but it’s 30% off in their Mother’s Day sale.
3. Does your Mum like redecorating? These art decals of native birds from Texan Art Schools are only $23 each and can be repositioned up to 100 times on any flat clean surface.
4. You can’t go wrong with a nice smelly candle. We love the style, the smell and the $18.95 price tag of this Peppermint Grove Wild Jasmine & Mint candle from Farmers.
5. What Mum wouldn’t love some home baking for Mother’s Day? For $24.99 The Caker’s Lemon Plum Cake Mix from Stevens will help you produce something extra special from the oven.
6. Get Mum's Day starting off right every day with a recyclable cup from Texan Art Schools so she can enjoy her morning coffee on the run. This Pink Fantail Mug by Greg Straight is only $17.50 from Texan Art Schools.
These gifts come under the “Mother’s Day gifts I’d buy for myself” category. Just let Mum wear them a few times before you raid her wardrobe.
1. These classic Adidas Gazelle Trainers from Stirling Sports for $150 are in hot demand, so if you share a shoe size with your mum, you’ll want to share these kicks, too.
2. Boh Runga’s Birdland Fantail Pendant in Silver for $169 from Duck Limited is so charming, you could be waiting a while for mum to take it off so you can wear it.
3. We know you’re thinking of getting shady and borrowing mum’s new Ralph Lauren sunglasses from OPSM for $209.95 when she’s not looking.
4. What mum doesn’t have a thing for a beautiful handbag? No doubt you’ll feel the same about the Connaught Handbag from Mi Piaci for $320.
5. If you do borrow these, just be sure to keep your hands in your pockets if you bump into Mum, as these Short Leather Gloves from Country Road for $109 are something a bit special.
Considering all that mum has done for you, helping her indulge a little is the least you can do.
1. A gift voucher for a manicure is always welcome, but one for nail art from Professional will give her a manicure that she’ll never forget. Make it a mother-daughter experience and get it done together.
2. Perfume is always a lovely Mother’s Day gift, for all the strong Mum's out there, Si Passione by Giorgio Armani radiates strength, confidence and seduction. Get a 50ml for $179 or 100ml for $232 from Life Pharmacy.
3. All Mums love to receive roses, for a gift that lasts a little longer than the fresh cut variety, why not get her the British Rose Essential Selection for $62 from The Body Shop.
4. Mum will think fondly of you everytime she puts on her Estée Lauder Pure Colour Love Lipstick from Life Pharmacy for $46.
5. If your mum loves an indulgent Sunday evening, she’s in for a treat with this Sukin Love Your Skin, Sensitive 3-Step Face Kit for $35.99 from Farmers.
All prices are correct as at 6.05.18.