Shore City Refresh
Precision Group purchased Shore City in June 2016 with the intention of enhancing the Centre to reflect its beachside location and deluxe offering.
Stage One of the works was completed at the end of 2017 and included the installation of fast, free WiFi, a carpark hardware upgrade and a complete revitalisation of the Centre’s common areas for an enhanced shopping experience. Some of the key features of the multi-million upgrade include:
- Italian floor tiling throughout Level Two.
- Timber accents throughout the Centre to reflect our beachside location.
- New comfort zone furniture featuring the finest in New Zealand made seating and rugs.
- Raised ceilings, feature lighting and paintwork to create a bright, light space.
- ‘Bagel’ lighting symbolising the “long white cloud” of Takapuna’s landscape.
- A sea-themed interactive children’s zone with foam rockers, sensory panels and three touch screens.
- Upgraded bathrooms with feature “wave” tiles, hands free appliances and non-slip tiling.
- Playful, forest-themed parents' rooms.
In 2018, the exterior of the Centre was refreshed with increased retailer signage and lifestyle graphics to better promote the brands available within the Centre to passersby. Part of this project was to install two digital screens at the main entry for Centre and retailer promotions.
The refurbishment and complete reconfiguration of the Centre's food offering is currently underway. Tank Juice, Kyoto, Majestic Tea Bar and a new central dining area opened in 2018 and we recently welcomed The Lantern, a Chinese food offering into the centre earlier this year.
2019 has been off to a great start with a new escalator upgrade which has just been completed between Level One and Two to enhance the vertical transport within the Centre and a second customer lift has now been installed in the tower carpark in order to enhance accessibility into the centre.
We also welcome New World into our mix of retailers. The supermarket will open adjacent to the Food Dining area on Level One and has an anticipated opening date of late 2019.