Quick Links to:
Why lease at Shore City?
Shore City Shopping Centre offers a boutique retail experience in the heart of Takapuna, one of Auckland’s most affluent suburbs.
The Centre is situated at the North-Western edge of Takapuna CBD, only a 10 minute walk from the area’s main attraction, Takapuna Beach.
The Centre has three levels with a GLA of 14,922sqm, consisting of over 60 specialties and Farmers. It offers 826 car parks with three hours free
parking for customers and features fast, free WiFi.
Shore City includes a variety of iconic and international brands; Farmers, Les Mills, Country Road, Mi Piaci, Life Pharmacy, Cue to name a few.
Shore City Refresh
Precision Group purchased Shore City in June 2016 with the intention of enhancing the Centre to reflect its beachside location and deluxe offering.
Stage One of the works has included the installation of free WiFi, some of the fastest public WiFi available in Auckland and the upgrade of the
car park. The latter has included painting throughout, new signage and a total hardware upgrade.
Stage Two was completed at the end of 2017 and included a complete revitalisation of the Centre’s common areas for an enhanced shopping experience.
Some of the key features of the multi-million upgrade include:
- Italian floor tiling throughout Level Two.
- Timber accents throughout the Centre to reflect our beachside location.
- New comfort zone furniture featuring the finest in New Zealand made seating and rugs.
- Raised ceilings, feature lighting and paintwork to create a bright, light space.
- ‘Bagel’ lighting symbolising the “long white cloud” of Takapuna’s landscape.
- A sea-themed interactive children’s zone with foam rockers, sensory panels and three touch screens.
- Upgraded bathrooms with feature “wave” tiles, hands free appliances and non-slip tiling.
- Playful, forest-themed parent’s rooms.
Stage Three of the refurbishment is underway for a complete reconfiguration of the Centre's food offering. Works commenced in January
with the first of the new food kiosks, Tank Juice and Kyoto and a new central dining area open in May 2018. A Majestic Tea Bar featuring
a full cafe menu will be opening in 2018 across from the new dining area.
Why Choose Takapuna, Auckland?
Takapuna is home to 720 businesses with approximately 8,500 workers and another 3,300 residents. These numbers are forecast to grow to 15,000 workers
and 15,000 residents by 2040 according to the Takapuna Strategic Framework, 2010.
Residential growth is already underway with 350 apartments set to be completed during 2018 and 2019.
According to MarketView Quarterly Market Activity Report (For the 12 month period ending 30 June 2018), spending in Takapuna was up 2.6% on the
The Auckland City Centre Masterplan has nominated Takapuna as a key metropolitan centre paving the way for significant investment, growth and
intensification in the area.
Panuku Development Auckland has plans to revitalise the town centre with parking for workers on the CBD fringe to remove congestion from the main
retail areas, grow the connections between the beach, retail and parking areas and revitalise Hurstmere Road (the main street of Takapuna).
With stage one planned to be delivered by the end of 2019.
Shore City Demographics
A report by Macroplan Dimasi in 2016 identified the Shore City Primary Sector population as 46,380 encompassing affluent suburbs; Takapuna, Milford,
Belmont, Bayswater, Narrow Neck, Stanley Point and Devonport.
The Main Trade Area includes the Secondary North and Secondary West sectors of the North Shore for a total population of 108,500. Suburbs within
the main trade area are considered higher value, more desirable suburbs of the North Shore with a greater spending capacity compared to other
Key demographics of the Main Trade Area are:
- Average age 38 years (Auckland average 35 years)
- Average income $97,869 (Auckland average $90,880)
- Housing Status 56.6% owner/purchaser (Auckland average (54.4%)
- Family Type 31% Couple No Children (Auckland average 28.5%) and Lone Adult 23.7% (Auckland average 18.7%).